Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Working toward the common goal

One day I will work at a place where everyone is working toward a common goal. For most of my working life I have worked at places where there was a stated common goal but in reality it was not a goal shared by all. So needless to say the goal was never accomplished. It is hard to change ! I find myself , at times working against the common goals. Imagine what it is like when the common goals are blurred or non-existant.
I need to learn to let go of control that I really do not have.! I am not in control of anyone by myself.
Without the support of those I work with the common goal will never be met. Without a basic relationship with co-workers we will never be able to role model dignity and respect. Without dignity and respect those we serve will never be afforded the oppunity to see how adults are supposed to interact with each other. They already know how to be angry and distrustful they do not need me to reaffirm that.

2 comments:

SheDocLecter said...

Do you think it possible for there to be no common goal, just various individual goals, and there still be a positive outcome? I have a coworker whose goals differ from mine on even the most basic of tasks throughout the day yet when I begin to feel frustrated, I think about how, in the end, this person and I share the same desire to help those in need get through their most difficult times. Perhaps this desire we share could actually be called a common goal and we're potentially not as opposite in our methods and orientation as I had once thought.

Moondog said...

See there is a common goal, sometimes we just need to look real hard to find them!