Friday, April 07, 2006

Splits

So it seems we have a split between shifts. It seems that we don't want to admit it or we just don't care enough to work it through. I love my job and I really enjoy working with almost all of my co-workers. Having said that I must admit that there are one or two that I have issues with but do not want to spend the time to attempt to reconcile with them! I need to look into my self and figure out why I have these feelings and then is it worth it to fix? One is easy I know why and I don't want to fix it! I can work with this person, I just will never like them personally. As long as they have a common goal with me to help make the place safe for those we serve I can be civil.
I guess I am just a coward, why else would I not confront these people with how I feel and what I think?
I feel that this rift is getting bigger and it beginning to spill into our work. I will soon be faced with a speak or just muddle along being angry. I don't want to do that, I can't do that. I might just as well look for somewhere else to work. This should not be this hard!

1 comment:

SheDocLecter said...

What is frightening to me is that the person to whom you are referring may not even share a common goal, and how does one work around that mammoth problem? It feels sometimes as though many of us are working so hard at making the environment in which we work a place that is not only safe for our clients but where positive change is possible while, at the same time, certain others are working in the opposite direction, intentionally or otherwise.